Alford Town Council has twelve Town Councillors elected by the residents of Alford, they are all volunteers.
As a corporate body the responsibilities of the Town Council are:
- Management of the Cemetery,
- Management of the Public Toilets,
- Providing the Tuesday and Friday Market
- Street furniture such as some of the benches and litter bins in the town.
- Review and comment on planning applications within the Town
- Liaise with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure /policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Engage with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area