Agenda 21 July 2020
1. To elect Chairman/Mayor
2. To receive chairman’s signed declaration of acceptance.
3. To elect Vice-Chairman/ Deputy Mayor.
4. To receive and accept apologies where valid reasons for absence have been given to the Town Clerk prior to the meeting.
5. To receive declarations of interest under the Localism Act 2011 – being any pecuniary interest in agenda items not previously recorded on Members’ Register of Interests and any written requests for dispensation.
6. To approve as a correct record the notes of the meeting of the Council held on 17th March 2020 and to authorise the Chairman to sign the official minutes.
7. Reports from outside bodies
8. To agree representatives on Workgroups/Committees .
9. Financial Matters:
a. To authorise Chairman’s allowance as set in the budget.
b. To authorise signatories for cheques.
c. To receive internal auditors report
d. To approve Annual Governance Statement be signed by the chairman.
e. To approve Annual Return 19/20 year for signing by Chairman
f. To approve accounts for payment July as presented.
10. To formally ratify decisions supported by councillors via email prior to this meeting.
a. To support Alford Craft Market request to ELDC for 1 days free parking in Alford – August Bank Holiday
b. To keep market open for food traders/pet supplies only – signs to be obtained ref. social distancing.
c. To close the public toilets until such time as it is safe to reopen under government social distancing legislation.
d. To increase clerks hours and employ J Cooper as required.
e. To approve proposal of an initial grant to Alford Food Bank of £5,000.
f. To underwrite food voucher scheme and supply vouchers to food bank – funding to be received from 3rd party.
g. To approve proposal of an IT budget £1,000 for development of Covid-19 Town Council website.
h. To approve proposal of £1,000 cash budget for payment of expenses to volunteers under the delivery drivers scheme.
i. To approve accounts for April 22nd 2020 as provided.
j. To grant permission for installation by relatives of memorial bench in cemetery.
k. To approve accounts for payment 19th May 2020 as provided.
l. To approve proposal to commission Alford Pottery to provide ceramic mugs for all volunteers.
m. To approve proposal to grant £1,000 to Alford Food Bank towards annual subscription to Fare Food and support additional storage costs of scheme and to purchase storage equipment required in line with Fare Food requirements to a value of £2,000, equipment to be loaned to Alford Food Bank.
11. Planning and Development to be considered.
Prior applications already commented on by councillors
a. N/003/00575/20 Land at rear of 1a Dashwood Road – Erection of one property - Application supported.
b. N/003/00957/20 31 Hamilton Road, Alford – Rear extension –
c. N/003/00898/20 Boston House and Lincoln House, West Street, Alford – Solar Panels to rear roof.
12. To receive report from Cllr Quantrell on ongoing and future projects.
13. To consider fitting a waste bin on concrete base in closed cemetery.
14. Any Matters for general discussion or inclusion in next agenda.