ALFORD NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Alford Neighbourhood Plan has now been adopted. It has successfully passed examination by a government Planning Inspector and fully ratified by East Lindsey District Council. Residents of Alford voted on Thursday May 23rd 2019 to support the Plan.
How the Alford Neighbourhood Plan benefits the Town?
The ANP will provide the following benefits for the town:
· Limitations on further development on the western and southern edges of the town.
· Developments being in keeping with their surroundings.
· Local people given priority in social housing provision.
· Protecting and enhancing the town centre’s vitality and viability.
· Support for additional land designated for business purposes to provide employment.
· Protecting Alford’s heritage buildings, environment, visual amenity and sporting facilities.
· Protecting some green spaces from development to maintain the rural “feel” of the town.